Welcome to the 2016 MWest Challenge, a student venture competition designed to create cross collaboration between students that span across several universities from West Michigan. Through MWest, entrepreneurially minded students are able to develop and grow new ventures based on their own ideas. MWest involves eight West Michigan colleges and universities, representing 75,000 students from: Grand Valley State University, Kendall College of Art and Design, Davenport University, Aquinas College, Calvin College, Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids Community College, Kuyper College, and Hope College.
In addition to the $40,000 + in cash prizes, students will have access to resources, mentors, educational workshops, and opportunities to network with angel and venture capital investors.
Registration for MWest 2016 opens on Nov 20, 2015!
Important 2016 deadlines:
- Kickoff Event: Nov 19, 2015
- Startup Weekend: Jan 15-17, 2016
- Executive Summary Due: Feb 26, 2016 by midnight
- PowerPoint Pitch Deck (draft) Due: March 21, 2016 by noon
- PowerPoint Pitch Deck (final) Due: March 30, 2016 by noon
- Final Competition: April 1, 2016