Welcome to the 2017 MWest Challenge, a student venture competition designed to create cross collaboration between students that span across several universities from West Michigan. Through MWest, entrepreneurially minded students are able to develop and grow new ventures based on their own ideas. MWest involves eight West Michigan colleges and universities, representing 75,000 students from: Grand Valley State University, Kendall College of Art and Design, Davenport University, Aquinas College, Calvin College, Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids Community College, Kuyper College, and Hope College.
In addition to the $30,000+ in cash prizes, students will have access to resources, mentors, educational workshops, and opportunities to network with angel and venture capital investors.
Important 2017 deadlines:
- Kickoff Event: Nov 17, 2016 (Kendall College of Art & Design) - RSVP
- Executive Summary Due: Feb 24, 2017
- Feedback Due: March 13, 2017
- Final Participation Confirmation via email: March 17, 2017
- PowerPoint Pitch Deck (Final): April 19, 2017
- Final Competition: April 21, 2017 (GVSU)